Why is that when the rainfalls, the sad faces come out to play? If it is April’s showers getting you down, or just situations in your life, let us put an end to this rut. Grab yourself a big cup of coffee and go through these Top Ten way to de-funk your terrible mood!
- Enroll in a class. There is no need to stay home and sulk. Instead, go out and take a class that can improve your skills at work, at home, or life in general.
- Talk with a friend. It is time to communicate with someone other than your pet. Call up your trustworthy friend or relative, and let them in on what has been on your mind. You never know, they may have the advice you’re seeking during your vent session.
- Create a set of goals. Just based on our blogroll of top tens, it should be clear that we are fans of making list. Which is why we think it is a perfect idea to map out your plans, wishes, and goals for yourself. This will help you keep moving forward and straight out of the rut you have found yourself stuck in. Get even more creative and motivate yourself by designing a vision board!
- Feeling overwhelmed? Take a break. Distract the replaying series of events or thoughts that are allowing you to feel this way. Studies have shown that distracting yourself, even for just a couple of minutes, is sufficient enough to disrupt your distressing mood. We highly recommend a mystery book or crossword puzzle.
- Take a walk outside. On nice days, go for a stroll outdoors. Between physical activity and the sunny fresh air, some grand ideas can come forth! Besides your mind, your body will also thank you for that walk!
- Eat, drink, and be merry! This news should put you in a good mood; there are food and drinks to help improve your mood: Stressed – eat dark chocolate; Angry – drink green tea; Sluggish – eat spinach; Sad – have a bowl of healthy cereal with milk; Feeling unsettled or anxious – have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich
- I woke up like this. Unfortunately, we are not all as flawless as Beyoncé. There are days you can wake up just feeling down in the dumps. The best way to boost up your self-esteem is an intense work out. Working out releases endorphins, and endorphins put you in a good mood, making your happy.
- Exhaustion. Children are not the only ones who can get cranky when tired. Getting enough sleep will boost your creatively and thinking, and upgrade your mood. Try taking a 15 to 30 minute power nap to recharge your batteries.
- Be optimist. We have a saying in our office we use quite often.
Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you –Mary Lou Retton
Just remaining positive daily can change your outlook on your everyday life.
10. Laugh. Because laughter is the best medicine.
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.