Happy New Year! Onward welcoming in a brand new year, we have also welcomed in brand new goals for ourselves. Making a new year’s resolution is easy, but sticking to it may not be. We are here to provide you with help when sticking to your new year’s resolution by incorporating these healthy eating tips!
- Make one change at a time: This is the best advice we can provide you when it comes to your resolution. Start small, by making minor switches, limiting the drastic change of events. Gradually stepping into it will prevent you from becoming discouraged and feeling as if you were not ready.
- Keep a smart Pantry: The best thing to do is to evacuate all unhealthy snacks and fill your kitchen with healthful ingredients. While throwing out the cookies, chips, and candies, fill your home with more beneficial snacks, such as fruits, nuts, and smoothies. By doing this, it will help you from feeling tempted to eat junk food. If it is out of sight, it will be out of mind.
- Create meal plans: not only will this help you organize your week, planning the meals will help you not over shop at the store. This one bullet point can concur more resolutions you had set forth for yourself.
- Exercise, even if you only have 15 minutes to do it: A small workout routine is better than nothing at all! Whether you are limited on time, or just exhausted, power through with a simple set of jumping jacks or burpees at home. You’ll start to feel better, especially after spending the day sitting at a computer in the office.
- Mix up your routine: Avoid doing the same thing each day! By changing things up, you are less likely to grow bored and annoyed at your resolution. If you had egg white for breakfast yesterday, try fruit and oatmeal today; If you did yoga today, go for a light jog tomorrow. If your routine does not bore you, the more likely you will be at sticking to it!
- Focus on how you will feel, rather than how you will look: Eating healthy and working out increases your energy and keeps you in a good mood. Focus on feeling healthy and good, rather than aiming to look good. You will see result quicker when your health is your main focus!
- Get sleep: Getting a full 8-hour night sleep is the best thing for our body and mind, to help us feel energized for the new day. This is also the best way to help your body recover and recharge from any workouts you did the day before. For additional tips on sleeping, check out our sleeping hacks for the restless, and for non-morning people.
- Drink more water: Water actually has a large assortment of benefits. Not only does it flush out your body of bad toxins, it keeps your skin refreshed, and it has zero calories!
- Choose whole grains: Whole grains are a great source of fiber and nutrients that should be included into your diet. Replace the white bread, white pasta, white flour, and white rice in your home with whole wheat or whole grain options.
- Cook at home as much as possible: This will not only be good for your pocket, but it will prevent you from eating things on the menu that you should not be indulging in.
For more tips on helpful healthy foods, click here!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.