Spring is vastly approaching! We know you have been putting off spring cleaning (because we have too!) It is the time we finally get a move on it and get our homes refreshed with these top ten homemade toxin free cleaners!
- All Natural Bleach Alternative: 1 ½ cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide, ½ cup lemon juice, 12 cups filtered water; Combine these ingredients in a gallon size bottle. This mixture is perfect for disinfecting surfaces and laundry uses.
- Grease Fighting Dish Soap: 2 cups boiled water, 1 tablespoon of grated castile soap, 1-tablespoon borax, 15-20 drops essential oil (scent of your choice); Combine borax and grated soap to bowl with boiled water. Whisk together until the soap is completely melted. Allow to cool overnight before transferring to a squirt bottle and adding essential oils.
- DIY Fabric Softener: 4 cups kosher salt, 20 drops essentials drops (scent of your choice); Mix these ingredients well and store in a mason jar. Add 2-3 tablespoons of this mixture in small loads and 4-8 tablespoons for larger loads of laundry.
- DIY Garbage Disposal Refreshers: All you need for this cleaner is white vinegar, citrus peels, and a muffin or ice cube tray. Put a few citrus peels into a muffin tin or ice cube tray, and then fill with white vinegar. Freeze until they are solid. Transfer and store the cubes in a lidded container, leaving it in the freezer until you are ready to use!
- Homemade Glass Cleaner: 2 tablespoons rubbing alcohol, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 1-tablespoon cornstarch, 1-½ cups of water; Place everything into a spray bottle and shake well. Make sure to shake well before each application. Wipe clean with newspaper or terry cloth. Keep wiping until the entire white residue is gone and glass is clean!
- Mold and Mildew Cleaner: 2 cups white vinegar, 1-teaspoon tea tree oil, 10 drops orange essential oil; Add to a spray bottle and shake well before using! This mixture is perfect for cleaning countertops and spraying your shower daily.
- Homemade All Purpose Cleaner: 1 ½ cups water, 1 cup white vinegar, 20 drops lemon essential oil, 10 drops lavender essential oil; Combine all these ingredients in a spray bottle. Use to clean the surfaces in your home.
- DIY Stain Remover Spray: ¼ cup castile soap, ¼ cup vegetable glycerin, 2 tablespoons borax, 2 tablespoons washing soda, 2 cups warm water; Combine borax, washing soda, and warm water in a spray bottle. Shake well until they fully dissolve then add soap and glycerin. Shake well again. If the mixture comes out too thick, add more warm water. Be sure to store in a dark cool place.
- All Natural Floor Cleaner: 1 cup rubbing alcohol, 1 cup white vinegar, 10 drops orange essential oils, 10 drops tea tree oil, 1 teaspoon dish soap, 1 or 2 gallons of hot tap water: Combine all the ingredients in a large bucket. For tough jobs, use more soap than water!
- All Natural Wood Dusting Spray: 1/3-cup water, ½ tablespoon liquid castile soap, 8 drops orange essential oil, 4 drops cedarwood essential oil; Combine all these ingredients in a 4oz spray bottle and shake well. Spray into dry cloth and wipe wood cleanLavender, Jasmine, Citrus, or Herbal are the perfect essential oil scents for spring and summer seasons.
For more homemade cleaning recipes, visit our Top Ten Homemade Cleaning Products blog. Come back next week to get the Top Ten Spring Decor for 2016!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.