SUMMER IS HERE! Longer days, the sun’s heat, air filled with barbecuing aromas, and (for some) vacation getaways! It is the season where anything is possible. Whatever your weekly schedule may be, find a way to enjoy your Staten Island summer days! Carpe diem with our top 10 things you must try to do this summer.
- Vow to wear sunblock every day! Find your favorite brand, then be sure to apply it on every day, even if you have no plans on being outdoors too long. We must protect our skins from the sun. Also, vow to wear bug repellent when you know you will be outside past sundown…You’ll thank us for this one!
- Get Active. As the cold days are gone, the only weather you have to worry about is rain and stormy days! So go outside (after applying sunblock) and get your sunny dose of vitamin D and exercise: take a scenic bike ride, go on an early morning hike, play volleyball on the beach, learn how to play tennis, or spend a day on the golf course.
- Become a flea market or yard sale expert. It is already starting; yard sales are in full swing. Scout out local yard sales and flea markets, map out a route and go bargain shopping. You may just find something awesome at a great deal!
- Start a herb garden. This is obviously our favorite trend since we have mentioned it before in previous posts: Top 10 ways to decorate for spring and Top 10 different and creative things to do with a mason jar. Seriously, give it a try!
- Be a bookworm. There is so much amazing literature out there. Set a summer reading list for yourself. Maybe even challenge yourself to read a book a week!
- Become a tourist in your own city. New York City is full of tourist, and as residents, we find it entirely irritating! Instead of stressing about their annoyance, join them! Visit NYC’s top tourist spots, take a massive amount of pictures, and enjoy the city the way visitors do. Why should they have all the fun?
- Throw an outdoor dinner party. Instead of a pool party, get fancy and throw an outdoor dinner party: decorate with candles and Christmas lights, include fondue and wine, and dine with Ella Fitzgerald music.
- Attend an outdoor movie screening. The great thing about living in New York City is the amount of parks we have and the free events that happen inside the parks. Our favorite is the outdoor movie screenings. They are held in from Bryant Park to even Staten Island Parks!
- Try a new style. Try all the different fashion trends that are in this season: pastel hair color, nail art, retro bathing suits. Be different and try a new hairstyle each week.
- Scrapbook your adventures! Take the Instagram pictures you have collected throughout the summer and put them in a scrapbook. Aim for this to be the best summer yet!!
What are your plans this summer? Are you going to give any of these activities a try? We love to hear from you! Join our conversation on Facebook!
Check out our Pinterest Top Ten Board for more pictures and how-to links.
Images Source: Tumblr, Pinterest